“I am running to continue the work of building a safe, friendly, productive school environment that both reflects the unique character of our community and prepares our students to be successful in the 21st century.”
- Board of Trustees, SVUSD:
- Board Vice President
- Finance Sub-Committee
- Parcel Tax Sub-Committee
- Attended Inside Education training program, 2017/18.
- Scotts Valley Educational Foundation: Board Secretary for three years, Christmas Tree lot, Mountain Charlie Challenge, donor database, and Food Truck Fridays.
- Save our Schools Scotts Valley: I helped with campaign messaging and lead voter marketing efforts, producing walking lists, mailing lists, and phone lists to “get out the vote.”
- Measure K passed in June 2012: helped close funding gaps to keep teachers on the job and students achieving.
- Measure A passed in 2014: providing $35M in funding to remodel the 70+ year old Middle School.
- Five time chaperone for the week-long Yosemite Science Camp SVMS field trip
- Volunteer for various theater build and strike days at SVMS and SVHS
- Co-chair of the annual San Agustin Fiesta, a free community lunch and carnival
- Board Secretary for the Knights of Columbus, Council #15705
- Married 24 years to my beautiful and vivacious wife, Michele Snyder.
- Father of four daughters:
- Janine graduated SVHS in 2015, and is currently a senior at Grand Canyon University, studying early education with a Christian studies minor.
- Alicia is beginning her freshman year at Western Washington University, studying psychology and sociology.
- Kaitlyn is a senior at SVHS, plays basketball on the varsity team, and interested in owning her own bakery.
- Tessa is a sophomore at SVHS, and is very involved in theatre and singing.
- MBA, with concentrations in Marketing and Leadership, Santa Clara University.
- BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, U.C. Berkeley.
- 15+ years leading product management teams in Silicon Valley, at companies as small as 7 people, and as large as Microsoft.
- Currently I have a dual role at 280 Group, as Director of Product Marketing, and a Principal Instructor and Consultant. We are the leading independent product management consultancy in Silicon Valley.